Catch

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kate

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Day of First

So today was a day of first for both of my little ones. It is always an exciting day when something new happens in their development. Watch the video and see the pictures below to see what Catch and Kate's new experience was for today.

Now if any of you know how much Catch likes to swing, you will know why I was so so excited that he figured out how to do it on his own(thanks to a previous trip to the park that morning where he saw a 6 and an 8 year old swinging beside him....he watched them very closely and came home and did it all by himself. I was so proud of him.) I have been so looking forward to this day, but in all honesty, it was kinda bitter sweet. Thankfully I know Catch well enough that even though he knows how to do it, he will always want his mommy to push him on the swing. : )

As for Kate...it was her first time down the slide. I have video of this too, but for some reason can't get it on here. You know, I think she liked it, but she is not near the risk taker that Catch was. He had pure joy the first time he went down the slide and then kept wanting to go again and again. Kate on the other hand was definitely caught by surprise as to what she was doing and then every time I put her back up there and Catch would give her a little nudge on the back, she would hold onto the side of the slide so that she couldn't go down it...she would be just dangling mid-slide still holding on. She didn't cry, so I am assuming she didn't hate it. I think she is just going to have to figure it all out on her own. Below are the pictures of both of their first trips down the slide. Kate today and then Catch's first time down the slide and then back to the top again full of joy ready for another trip down it. So funny to see the different personalities.





3 comments:

  1. April,
    I love the blog. I check it three or four times a week. The videos, the pictures it's all so neat. I really like that I can keep up with the Kitchells from two hours away. Keep it up! Hug Matt and the babies for me!
    Love,

    Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...how you life is going to change from now on. Think of all the extra time you'll have on your hands now that you don't have to push him for hours on end ;) Very proud of him..that is a hard skill to master! Love the slide pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Tell Catchy that Mimi is so proud and can't wait to see him swing and No I don't think Kate was in any distress. She looked quite happy hanging on for her dear sweet life. I'm so glad that I have the most beautiful grandchildren ever...

    ReplyDelete