We had such a fun time in the snow. You know it doesn't snow that often here when I told Catch earlier in the day it was going to snow and he almost cried because he thought that meant another day we had to stay inside instead of going outside to play. Little did he know, playing in the snow is so much fun. He made snow angels, we had snowball fights, and we made baseballs out of the snow and used our arms as bats. We play snow football, made snowballs for dagz to jump up and catch, and best of all, we made a snowman, a real one, where we got to roll the snow to form the body. It was so much fun. The snow falling was thick and so beautiful to see. Catch had a great time, while Kate I am afraid was just a little too young to understand being that cold could be that much fun. She was a sport though, coming back out a second time in the day to check things out.
As much fun as Catch, Matt, Mimi and Myself had, I think Dagz had the most fun of anyone, which is the most surprising. This is our sweet water dog who hates to go outside if it is raining, or has been raining, or if dew is on the ground, etc. He would rather just hold it than go out in rain/wet, but that was not the case with the snow. He really did bring a smile to my heart watching him run through the snow, eat the snowballs we were throwing to him, and try and play football with us. He was in pure joy/delight that day!
We enjoyed the day until it was too dark to see, ensuring to Catch that the snow would be there tomorrow for us to play with. When we woke up the next morning, Catch was very eager to get out and play some more before it melted away. And that is just what we did. Again, having snowball fights, games etc. Then Mimi and I decided we needed to create a slead for him to go down our very small slope in the backyard. All we could find was a box to slide on, but it worked perfectly. Catch loved it and also loved seeing Mimi and me give it a go too. Snow days are fun. I will say, I am glad I do not live where it snows often, but I welcome it ever now and again.



No comments:
Post a Comment