From there, we went to Matt's parents house to spend Thanksgiving with them and see Uncle Jason and Aunt Tina. Thanksgiving day was a fun day of cooking and looking forward to the dinner that was ahead of us(I love holiday food!) Pam and I took forever to complete anything because we stopped every few minutes to do something for the kids, but it was really enjoyable and laid back. As a matter of fact, after Pam spent about 2 hours(due to the kids loving mimi's attention) on her sausage dressing, she walked away from it for 30 seconds and Dagz face planted himself right in the middle of the pan and ate the dressing! Memories, and another sausage dressing to prepare! Even though we had planned on eating dinner around 5pm, we didn't end up actually eating until around 8pm. I will have to say it was probably one of the best Thanksgiving meals we have had though. Catch had had such a full day that in the middle of dinner, Matt was talking to him and he looked up and said "Daddy, I can't even concentrate on what you are saying, I am so tired!". Lots of laughs, but I love for my kids to have enjoyed themselves so much that at the end of the day, they can't even concentrate on what we are saying anymore....to me, that is a good day!
Then on Friday, Uncle Jason and Aunt Tina came over for an oyster roast and some wii time with Catch. Catch could hardly wait until they got there. The entire time we were doing the oyster roast(which for the life of him, he couldn't figure out why we would eat something that looked and smelled as it did), he was trying to be so patient for us to finish so he could "dominate" anyone who challenged him in any wii game. He is the biggest trash talker, well, right behind his father, of course.
Overall, it was a fun time visiting with family and being able to spend time together as a family. Happy late Thanksgiving!



No comments:
Post a Comment