Catch

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kate

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Catch's Christmas Program

Today was the last day of school for Catch before Christmas break. His preschool does a little Christmas program with the 3k, 4k, and 5k classes. They all learn some songs(which are taught by our friend, Mrs Justine Hogan). Catch loves music class and has been very excited about the Christmas program he was going to be in, or rather, in his words, the concert he was going to be in. Ha! He would tell me about the stage he was going to stand on, and the songs he was going to sing, and the surprise he was going to say at the end.
This morning, Catch had asked me if I would call Daddy at work to see if he could come to his concert. I called, but no answer, so I thought he wasn't going to be able to make it due to exams, but to our great surprise, Daddy was there and Catch just lit up, which melted my heart to pieces. I think I am too emotional to be a parent. I continue tearing up as the class walked into the sanctuary(they were doing nothing special, just walking)...then I got misty-eyed when Catch looked out into the crowd to find us and gave a big wave. After that, I got all emotional when they were singing and the big tears came rolling down my face came at the end when he and his classmates threw up their hands and said "Happy Birthday Jesus". In all the frustrating moments there may be in parenting, nothing is better than knowing what a priveledge it is that God has entrusted these two children for me to take care of and enjoy moments such as these with. I will be forever grateful.
Grandma, Mimi, and Kate got to come enjoy the concert and Catch really loved having them there!

No comments:

Post a Comment