Well, this was the first year we didn't travel during Christmas break. I was so excited because I finally got to cook the big Christmas dinner. If any of you know me well(which if you are reading this blog, you do), I love to cook many different things and I love to cook in large quantities. Moments like these are the best times to do that, and I was in heaven. Thanks family for coming to us this year, we had a great Christmas day with you.
Back to the kids...or rather the night before Christmas. Let me just say first, I have a great husband who knows me and loves me for all my shortcomings, i.e. he had to finish wrapping all the gifts, and decorate the gifts from Santa. I just had lost all steam at about 9pm and he picked up the slack without a thought of it. Thanks Matt, I love you.
So Christmas morning was so much fun. The kids got up basically at the same time(I will say I am enjoying the days where the excitment of Santa doesn't wake my kids up at 4am.) They slept till 7 and did the normal come to mama's room and tell us goodmorning. When Catch said goodmorning he had practically forgotten it was Christmas until I said "Catch do you know who came last night to see you?" He said in his sweet voice "I think it was Santa, is he waiting for me in the living room?"
This year Catch got a bike from Santa and Kate got a table and chairs and a tea set. The funny thing was that instead of noticing the big bike sitting in the middle of the room, Catch notices the small GEORIGA baseball hat tucked up under the tree. For those of you around Catch much, this seems very logical due to his obession with Georgia football. It was very funny though. Kate immediately walked over to her table and sat down. She loved it and the tea set and has used them everyday since Christmas. It was truly a great day just enjoying the kids and having such wonderful gifts in them to love on each day. Oh, So thankful. Below are some pictures from the day and some video.
Dagz enjoyed the day too. He really can put a smile on your face when he gets so excited about a new bone or toy. The best dog in the world!



April I really enjoy your blog! It was a lot of fun to read about y'all's Christmas and the babies are just precious! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete